Our installers are some of the finest in the industry. We will develop you in this role and can put you on a track to a Lead Installer.
PROTON360™ COMMUNICATIONS knows that the most important part of a system is what is installed. Do you have what it takes? Tell us why!
Please kindly email your cover letter and resume to the address below:
This is an amazing opportunity for creative and driven AV Install persons to join PROTON360™ COMMUNICATIONS, a leading AV firm in the Pacific Northwest who is currently experiencing equal growth in other states.
Why would you want to work at PROTON360™ COMMUNICATIONS?
We are a provider to local and global customers and we are outstanding at what we do! Great team of happy people with experienced management and processes in place for your success. We are redefining our industry. We are PIONEERING POSSIBLE™. We are seeking to change the frontier of sound and visual systems through innovation and function. We are looking forward and implementing sustainable approaches that are committed to creativity. We are out of the box. Bold and Broad.
What’s in it for you?
- Growing, profitable company with opportunities for career advancement.
- Management appreciates and recognizes installer team members’ accomplishments.
- Excellent, experienced support staff.
- We will provide you with hardware and software, substantial support, focused management and a fun work environment to help you succeed.
- Installation team that is attuned to the needs of the customer and delivers what they want.
- You will represent leading edge solutions that can solve a wide variety of business problems.
What do we seek in an install person?
These are the qualities that we are looking for:
- You are professionally persistent, you are an avid goal setter and you know how to ask quality questions.
- You are willing to listen, passionate, enthusiastic and you take responsibility for your results.
- You are willing to work hard. You keep in touch with our team members from start to finish and you show value to our organization.
- You are an exceptionally organized and highly communicative person.
- You are great at what you do.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
90% – In-field Installation:
- Field terminations/soldering.
- Installing wall mounts and brackets.
- Installing screens.
- Installing monitors and projectors.
- Structured cabling.
- Wiring of equipment racks.
- Testing of all installed systems.
- Performing basic troubleshooting.
- Verbal communication of work status to the Systems Lead Installer, submitting progress reports.
- Conducting basic system training with the Client.
- Performing any Systems Apprentice duties, as needed.
- Reporting hours, parts, change orders and any other project related items daily.
- Reporting project updates daily.
5% – In House Work:
- Cleaning and organizing the work van.
- Maintaining work van inventory.
5% – Other duties, as assigned.
- Installation experience installing A/V equipment and terminating cables is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, finger or feel. The employee is frequently required to climb ladders, reach with hands and arms and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee frequently installs at high elevations, which are accessible by ladder or lift. The employee may need to work above the ceiling, where the environment can be dusty and hot.
- This position requires the ability to regularly lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the installation of A/V systems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret product information, manuals, and plans and specs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to perform as a team player.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, read blue prints, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to report to work on-time and on a daily basis.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees of the company.
Most work is performed on customer locations installing audio/visual equipment and cabling.
Medical, 401k, Paid Vacation, Holiday Pay, Sick and Personal Time.
1- 3 years relative AV experience.
Compensation: Based on experience. Employment type: Full-time. Travel: may be required, including long distance and/or out of state.
PROTON360™ COMMUNICATIONS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.